Friday, August 6, 2010

Big Changes


Today marked the finalization of my transformation to becoming a student at a NEW University this fall. Something I never would of thought I would say, but I am officially a transfer student. Many people have been asking me and trying to understand how I could leave San Diego, and the beautiful beaches and west coast and come back to Texas and attend a college in Huntsville. This was by far the hardest decision that I have ever made, but it was one of the first big decisions that I have made with a mature attitude, and focusing more on my future, than on the ocean and beautiful view that my old campus offered. Challenges are faced daily throughout people's lives, but last year was full of so many that my limit was pushed. Each day was hard for me to focus, and I went into a state of extreme anxiety from my course load as well as being half way across the country with no transportation and thousands of faces I didn't know. My emotions got the best of me, and the bottom line was that I wasn't doing well in school, my drive was not there, and I really missed home and missed my job, and although I loved SAN DIEGO, and all of my friends I made while I was there, wasting my parents time and money was something that needed to be faced. This summer I took the step and decided that maybe I should re-think my options, and while no one may understand, I feel like everything does happen for a reason, and many challenges will be thrown you way, and when they are you have to dodge them, overcome them and keep on running through this journey of life. College is an experience no matter where one chooses to go, and the friends that I have made so far have been some of the best and most influential people that have ever come into my life. I love all of you, and I will miss all of you so much. Wish me luck, and good luck to you this year. Goodbye to that chapter of my life.



























Until Next Time...

Laura

2 comments:

  1. awww lala has a blog!?!? this blows my mind!! well I think you made a good decision. I'm a little surprised, but life is full of surprises! You will have lots of fun at Sam and I bet you will love it just as much as Loma, maybe more. Good luck sis. Ill support you and love you no matter what! This is just one little piece of the puzzle. You may end up back in cali one day or who knows where, just look at mom and dads journey or mine and mikes! Egypt? Seattle? Cali? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our native Texas daughter missed the Lone Star state especially after the Kippers moved to Seattle.San Diego will always be a favorite and special place for you.Who knows once you have some solid skills, and the friends you have made you may return. Life has many twists and turns.Good luck next year at SAM! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete