Sunday, July 18, 2010

One Month




Until I head back to Sunny California. Growing up in Texas, and surviving 100 degree humidity and scorching temperatures, San Diego sounds like the perfect solution to escaping the heat, but in many ways it is definitely a bittersweet goodbye. Homesickness was something I dealt with greatly last year, being on the other side of the country, away from family and my work which I absolutely love! I am a swim instructor at FINS, where I work with children and teach them how to swim. There is something about kids that just intrigues me, their never ending happiness and care-free attitudes makes it impossible not to just smile when you are around them. Going back to San Diego next month marks the beginning of my sophomore year in college!

Things to be excited for:
1) Having a car this year!
2) New camera=many pictures to be taken of the beautiful scenery
3) My friends!
4) New dorm and roommate (Emily Herbig!)
5) FRO-YO!

Things I will miss:
1) The awesome food in Texas..there is NOTHING like Tex-mex
2) My work, and everyone at it..they are friends that are truly irreplaceable
3) My puppies!..even when they are bad and eat the trash(like this morning)
4) My parents, and sister and brother -in-law
5) ALONE time! I swear that is one thing at college that I never get

Bittersweet, yet exciting, I am looking forward to another amazing year with new students, and new adventures to come. While every good thing must come to an end, I know I will be back home in Texas soon enough to endure the heat, humidity and amazing food.

My sister Carolyn, my nieces and Drew were recently in town, here our some pictures from the trip! We were in Galveston for the 4th of July, and hung out at my house in the pool!





Pretty sky in Galveston, TX






Until Next Time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment